How do I erase part of an image?
Auto Erase with the Pencil tool
- Specify foreground and background colors.
- Select the Pencil tool .
- Select Auto Erase in the options bar.
- Drag over the image. If the center of the cursor is over the foreground color when you begin dragging, the area is erased to the background color.
Why can’t I erase GIMP?
The most common reason why the eraser tool isn’t erasing to transparency is because there isn’t an alpha channel added to the layer. … Without it, the GIMP eraser will erase to white. With it, it’ll erase to transparency.
How do I make something transparent in GIMP?
gimp: how to make a transparent background
- Open your image.
- Select the area you want to make transparent. …
- In the Layer window (the one showing your image), select Layer – Transparency – Add Alpha Channel.If this is blanked out then it’s already done. …
- Select Edit – Clear. …
- Save the file.
Which tool is used to erase part of an image?
Clone Stamp is a tool in Photoshop that lets you copy pixels from one part of an image and transfer them onto another. It functions much as the Brush tool does, except it’s used for painting pixels. It’s a great way to remove an unwanted background object without a trace.
How can I delete part of a picture for free?
Eraser Transparency Tool
- Use Lunapic’s Eraser tool to make parts of your image ransparent.
- Use form above to pick an image file or URL.
- Adjust the eraser size for large or small brush strokes.
- Then, easily remove parts of your image and make it transparent.
Why is my GIMP eraser black?
The color used to replace pixels is kind of arbitrary, so GIMP will use the “background color” to replace your image pixels as a default. That’s why GIMP’s eraser sometimes paints with black, white, or another color depending on the background color you set in the Toolbox. … In GIMP, alpha just means transparency.
How do I erase in GIMP?
Press the “Delete” key on your keyboard to remove the object. Keyboard shortcuts include pressing the “Ctrl-X” keys to cut this selection. You can also click the “Edit” menu to show the list and then click “Cut” to delete the outlined object.
How do you clear the top layer in GIMP?
An easy method is to use the Magic Wand selection l.
- Firstly, right click on the layer you are working on and add an alpha channel if there is not already one. …
- Now switch to the Magic Wand tool. …
- Select all the parts that you want to erase by simply clicking in the area.
- Press Delete..