Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.
How do I save my preferences in Illustrator?
In order to export Illustrator settings, you can choose Edit > My Settings > Export Settings. Once you select a location where you would like the settings package to be saved (see Figure 17), the settings package file can be brought to another machine (copy, email, FTP, etc.) and imported.
How do I empty the scratch disk in Illustrator?
Change the scratch disk preference
- Choose Illustrator > Preferences > Plug-ins & Scratch Disk.
- Choose a hard disk from the Primary pop-up menu. If you intend to work with large images and have more than one hard disk, choose another disk from the Secondary pop-up menu.
- Click OK and restart Illustrator.
How do I clear the cache in Illustrator 2020?
Fortunately, this is easily handled.
- Turn off Illustrator or any other Adobe application you have running.
- Go to the folder holding the Adobe cache. You will find it in the following path: …
- Select the “AdobeFnt*. lst” file and delete it. …
- Go to the folder holding the Windows cache. …
- Select the “FNTCACHE.
What is the default view in Illustrator?
Whether for the web or print, Illustrator offers several ways in which to view your artwork: Preview and Outline views: By default, Illustrator shows Preview view, where you see colors, stroke widths, images, and patterns as they should appear when printed or completed for onscreen presentation.
How do I reset preferences in Illustrator?
There are two levels of resetting your preferences, the first and more commonly known is to:
- Windows users: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as you start Illustrator.
- Mac OS users: Option+Command+Shift as you start Illustrator.
How do you get to the control panel in Illustrator?
To hide or show all panels, including the toolbar and Control panel, press Tab. To hide or show all panels except the toolbar and Control panel, press Shift+Tab. Tip: You can temporarily display hidden panels if Auto-Show Hidden Panels is selected in Interface preferences. It’s always on in Illustrator.
How do I clear my Windows scratch disk?
How to clear Photoshop scratch disk on Windows?
- Step 1: Open Edit menu on Photoshop.
- Step 2: Select the preferences option from the drop-down on the screen.
- Step 3: In preferences, select the scratch disk option to open up the Scratch Disk menu.
What do you do when scratch disks are full?
To troubleshoot scratch disk full errors, do one or more actions listed below:
- Free up additional disk space.
- Specify appropriate drives for scratch disk.
- Set correct units while creating or resizing your document.
- Optimize the space Photoshop uses.
- Reset Photoshop preferences.
How do I clear cookies in Adobe?
How to Delete Advertising Cloud Cookies
- Click on ‘Options’
- Select Privacy, and click on “Remove Individual Cookies” link.
- Type in efrontier.com in the Search box, select the cookies you want to remove, and click on “Remove Selected” button.
How do you delete settings in Illustrator?
Process to delete the settings folder
- Quit Illustrator.
- Open Users > [username] > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > …
- Locate the Adobe Illustrator [version] Settings folder and move it to Trash.
- Restart Illustrator.
How do you delete the Preferences folder in Illustrator?
Select Edit > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences. Press and hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift as you start Illustrator.