If you just need to change the name of a single photo inside of Lightroom, the process is very straightforward. Simply select the photo you want to rename, expand the Metadata panel, set the panel to Default view, click into the File Name field, and edit the filename as needed.
Can I rename a folder in Lightroom?
In the Folders panel of the Library module, select a folder. Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) and choose Rename from the menu. Overwrite the folder name.
How do I rename multiple files in Lightroom?
Here’s how to do it:
- Select the Images. In the Library mode, change the view to the thumbnail grid to select multiple images at once.
- Choose Renaming Pattern. From the right panel, go to the File Name line at the top. If you’re selected multiple files it should say “mixed”.
How do I name a file in Lightroom Classic?
To create a File Naming Template, choose Library > Rename Photos. In the Rename dialog, select Edit from the File Naming drop down.
What is preserved file name in Lightroom?
By preserved filename you are refering to the metadata field that contains the original file name of a photo as recorded when shot, for a file you have renamed.
How do I import a folder into Lightroom?
Importing your photos to Lightroom Classic
- Click the Import button in the Library module to open the Import dialog. …
- In the Source panel, navigate to the top-level folder that contains your photos and select it, making sure that Include Subfolders is checked.
- Click the Add button.
- Leave all photos checked for import.
How do I import folders into Lightroom?
You can add folders and import the photos they contain using the Folders panel.
- In the Folders panel of the Library module, click the Plus icon (+) and choose Add Folder.
- Do one of the following: …
- If necessary, specify options in the Import Photos dialog box, and click Import.
Can you batch rename photos?
You can batch rename images in Windows by selecting (Shift+click or Ctrl+click to select several files; Ctrl+A to select all) and pressing right-click > “Rename”. Your file names will look like image (1), image (2), image (3) etc.
How do I get Lightroom Classic?
Open the Creative Cloud app and go to the Apps tab. Below you’ll see a list of available Adobe apps. Look for Lightroom Classic. If you haven’t installed it yet you’ll see a blue Install button.