Though Photoshop doesn’t directly open InDesign project files, the two programs are closely related. Both are part of Adobe’s Creative Suite 6 package, so the programs share common file formats. … You can’t use PDFs to edit INDD layers, but Photoshop can edit the overall files with its own tools.
What programs can open INDD files?
How to Open an INDD File. Adobe InDesign is the primary software used to work with INDD files. However, you can also view one with Adobe InCopy and QuarkXPress (with the ID2Q plugin). WeAllEdit is another viewer that you can sign up for to view and make changes to an INDD file through their website.
How do I open an INDD file without InDesign?
You can open an indd file with QuarkXPress, ADO view or even Adobe InCopy. The most popular one is QuarkXPress when you are not using the primary software.
How do I open an INDD file?
You can open an INDD file by simply double-clicking the INDD file or selecting File → Open…. InDesign documents can also be opened with InCopy, Adobe’s professional writing program.
How do I import text from InDesign to Photoshop?
In InDesign, be sure that in Preferences > Clipboard Handling, Copy PDF to Clipboard is selected. Then, select one or more objects in InDesign, and choose Edit > Copy. Next, in Photoshop choose File > Paste. The object will appear in Photoshop with a bounding box around it.
How can I edit an INDD file without InDesign?
Best InDesign Alternatives
- Adobe InDesign. InDesign works on Windows and Mac. …
- QuarkXPress. QuarkXPress is available for Windows and Mac. …
- Microsoft Publisher. Microsoft Publisher only works with Windows. …
- Scribus. …
How do I open Indd files for free?
Free Software to Open an INDD File
You can locate, view and organize files of various formats including video, audio, and images. Adobe Bridge CC is suitable for work with INDD, PSD, AI, and PDF formats. This software is completely free.
Is magic file free?
While the software, File Magic Desktop, is available for free for both Windows and Mac, you need to download and install the desktop software on any Mac or PC you’re going to use File Magic with. … The app uses a large, bold-face font to label different folders for different types of files.
How do I open an INDD file in PDF?
Convert any InDesign document to PDF.
- Launch Acrobat and select Tools from the top menu bar.
- Choose the Create PDF tool.
- Select your conversion type, either Single File or Multiple Files.
- Drag and drop your InDesign file(s) to the window, or locate them manually.
- Start the conversion and rename your PDF files if necessary.
How do I convert an INDD file to PDF without InDesign?
How to Export INDD Package as PDF
- Choose “File” > “Export”.
- In the dialogue box that appears, change the name of the file. Choose PDF as the output format. You can change other options if required as well.
- Once the changes are made, click “Save.” The file will be exported to PDF format.
Can gimp open INDD files?
You can’t open . indd files directly from Scribus, but you can quite closely re-create the same end results. This is similar to Gimp:Photoshop and Inkscape:Illustrator. Good luck!