From experience it’s highly recommended to use . Fbx formats due to it being the standard for Autodesk software.
What format does substance painter use?
Author Topic: File extension type (Read 7076 times)
Substance Painter is a texture painting tool and spp is just the format used to save your work :it is not meant to be used anywhere else (not even in engines). You can export textures from painter to be used wherever you want.
How do I export mesh?
To export a mesh, right-click on the mesh and select Export. The Export Mesh Parts window will appear: The Export clipped mesh option is only available for meshes that are clipped to a boundary. If the quality of the mesh produced is not acceptable, clip the mesh as described in Clipping a Mesh, then export the mesh.
How do you add mesh to a substance painter?
Then you go to Painter : Edit -> Project Configuration and import your new project mesh. – as long as you didn’t move any part of the original mesh, all will work fine. You’ll end up with your scene untouched + the new mesh. It will use the same TextureSet if it shares the same texture (Material ID).
How do you export a substance?
Once a project is ready, go to the File menu and choose Export Textures to open the export window. This new window will allow to export the content of a project as image files.
How do you import objects into substance painter?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
- Create a new Substance Painter project by clicking File > New.
- In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh.
- Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
- In the New project window, click OK.
How do I change the resolution of a substance painter?
Resolution. A the top of the window is the size parameter which controls the channels resolution in pixels inside a Texture Set. To change the resolution simply click on the dropdown: To use non-square resolutions (for example 2048×1024) disable the lock button between the two dropdowns.
How do you bake in a substance painter?
To bake the maps, select Bake Mesh Maps at the bottom-right of the Bake window where you see the name of the Material. After the maps have baked, the Textures are automatically mapped to the correct channels for use by Substance Painter. You can now begin to texture and paint your Asset.
How do I export from ProBuilder mesh?
Exporting a ProBuilder Mesh
- Select the object(s) you want to export.
- Alt/Opt+Click over the. …
- Select the format you want to export to from the Export Format drop-down menu. …
- If you’re exporting an OBJ to use in Unity, disable the Copy Textures option. …
- When you are finished setting the Export options, click Export.
How do I export from pix4d?
Export an output
- Right-click on the desired object in the Content panel.
- Click Export To and select the output format. The dialog Select File appears.
- Navigate to the path where you want to save the file.
- In File name, type the desired file name.
- Click Export.
How do you import multiple meshes into a substance painter?
In short, you cannot add multiple meshes to a single Painter session. You have to open it up as one OBJ (or FBX). That means you need to “assemble” your composition in a 3D modeling tool first. Assign materials to as-needed to your mesh before exporting it.