According to Celebrity Net Worth, he became the most expensive living artist in the world in 2018 after one of his paintings sold for $90.3 million. Just a little earlier that year, he’d bagged $28.5 million for another painting.
Who is the highest paid living artist?
The 10 Most Expensive Living Artists
- David Hockney, Portrait of an Artist (Pool with Two Figures)
- Jeff Koons, Rabbit.
- Female Artists.
- Marlene Dumas, The Visitor.
- Cindy Sherman, Untitled Film Stills 1977-1980.
- Yayoi Kusama, White No. …
- Cady Noland, Bluewald.
- Jenny Saville, Propped.
Who is the richest art artist in the world?
Top 10 Richest Visual Artists In The World
- Takashi Murakami Net Worth: $100 million.
- Andre Vicari Net Worth: $140 million.
- David Hockney Net Worth: $150 million.
- David Choe Net Worth: $200 million.
- Jasper Johns Net Worth: $300 million.
- Jeff Koons Net Worth: $500 million.
- Damien Hirst Net Worth: $1 billion.
Who are the top 3 living artists?
Top 5 Living Artists Who Shaped The Art Market
- 1/ Jeff Koons – 1955 – USA. …
- 2/ Peter Doig – 1959 – Scotland. …
- 3/ Christopher Wool – 1955 – USA. …
- 4 – Zeng Fanzhi – 1964 – China. …
- 5 – Damian Hirst – 1965 – UK.
Where is Mr Brainwash now?
The vacant Paley Center in Beverly Hills will be transformed into a space for both his own and other artists’ work. The artist Thierry Guetta, aka Mr Brainwash, is temporarily turning the former Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills—designed by the architect Richard Meier in 1996—into his own museum.
What is the most expensive painting ever sold 2021?
Top 20 most expensive paintings in the world 2021
|1.||Salvator Mundi||$450.3 million|
|3.||The Card Players||$250 million|
|4.||Nafea Faa Ipoipo||$210 million|
How was Mona Lisa stolen?
On 21st August 1911, the Mona Lisa was stolen from the Salon Carré in the Louvre. The theft was discovered the following day when a painter wandered into the Louvre to admire the Mona Lisa, and instead discovered four metal pegs! He promptly alerted security, who in turn alerted the media.