What questions should I ask my painter?
Ask any potential painter to provide a thorough explanation of the kind of prep they recommend for your job and why. For exteriors, ask if they recommend scraping, sanding, or a full grinding. Why? Look for contractors that attend to the different surfaces and areas of your home such as trim versus siding or walls.
How do painters cheat?
Watch out for these common ways some painting companies use to cheat when painting your walls.
- Wall repair. This is an area that interior painters can easily cut short to save time. …
- Paint prices. …
- Paint coverage issues. …
- Number of paint coats. …
- Material scams. …
- The bid with no detail.
How do you interview a painter?
Core interview questions:
- Do you have any painting experience?
- What do you know about this industry?
- Why are you looking for a painting job?
- What were your primary responsibilities in your last position?
- If I called your last employer, what would he/she say about you?
What should be in a painting contract?
An area describing the scope of work, which will detail all of the services that will be provided. The cost of both the supplies as well as the labor to paint the house. The location of the project and the estimated work schedule, which should include a completion date for the project.
What should I look for in a house painter?
It should include a breakdown of labor, material costs, the number of coats of primer and paint, the brand and model of materials, and a detailed description of the amount of surface preparation that will be done. Check references and past work.
Should my house painter have insurance?
Painting contractors should possess two types of insurance: Comprehensive Business Liability, which protects your property from damage by the contractor. A million-dollar limit in liability coverage is probably the minimum any painting contractor should be carrying.
Why do painters add water to paint?
Since emulsion is a water-based paint, however, water can help the roller apply the paint in smoother, more even strokes. … You will need to use a paint that is watered down. The water will sink into the surface, allowing the paint to bond to it. Standard emulsion painted onto an untreated wall will not dry well.
How can you tell if a paint job is bad?
You’ll know the paint job is badly done when there are:
- Visible stains and flaws throughout the paint because of poor wall preparation.
- Uneven and inconsistent colors – a common issue when only one coat of paint is used.
- Blotches and streaks caused by applying paint on a dirty or wet wall.
Why would you want to be a painter?
Being able to inspire and delight people through your work. Being able to exercise your creativity. The joy of creating and sharing art. Enjoying the reaction when someone sees your painting of them.
What should I wear to a painting interview?
For painter positions with CertaPro Painters, casual, comfortable clothes represent adequate dress. Blue jeans and a clean t-shirt may be acceptable in many cases, as interviewers care more about previous experience, transportation, availability, and dependability than impressive clothes.
What should I ask an artist?
Questions for artists
- Why do you do what you do?
- How do you work?
- What’s your background?
- What’s integral to the work of an artist?
- What role does the artist have in society?
- What has been a seminal experience?
- Explain what you do in 100 words.
- How has your practice change over time.