What is a shader in substance painter?
A shader is a function that defines how an object should look when interacting with lighting and shadows in the viewports. In this application shaders are used to know how to read the Texture Set channels and render the 3D mesh in the viewports.
Where is shader settings substance painter?
The Shader settings window is available on the right by default in the Dock toolbar.
How do you import mesh into a substance painter?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
- Create a new Substance Painter project by clicking File > New.
- In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh.
- Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
- In the New project window, click OK.
What is the latest version of Substance painter?
Version 2020.2 (6.2. 0)
How do I update my substance painter?
To manually check for updates use Check for updates in the Help menu. It is possible to avoid displaying this window during the startup with the following methods: Use the Don’t remind me until next version setting in the window to temporarily skip the display of the window until the next new version.
What file format does substance painter use?
Author Topic: File extension type (Read 6986 times)
Substance Painter is a texture painting tool and spp is just the format used to save your work :it is not meant to be used anywhere else (not even in engines). You can export textures from painter to be used wherever you want.
How do I export a substance map?
To export them it is possible to either :
- Use the File > Export Textures dialog and choose the export preset “Mesh maps“
- Right-click on the a baked texture in the Shelf and choosing “Export“.
What file format should I use when exporting my mesh to substance painter?
From experience it’s highly recommended to use . Fbx formats due to it being the standard for Autodesk software.